The Communications Consultancies Association of Turkey, IDA, has joined forces with other industry institutions in Turkey to draw up a set of principles to enable the public to access information, building a healthy working model for the sector. The ‘Principles of Communication and Media Relationship Management’ document was prepared and signed by the following communication industry associations:
- Communication Consultancies Association of Turkey (İDA)
- Journalists Society of Turkey (TGC)
- Economy Journalists Association (EGD)
- Online Media Reporters Association (BMD)
- Turkish Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges Media and Communication Assembly (TOBB)
- Advertiser’s Association (RVD)
- Corporate Communication Consultants Association (KİD)
- Public Relations Association of Turkey (TÜHİD)
Parties who signed the document have also agreed to expand and monitor the implementation of these principles.
This cooperation model has involved the senior management and corporate communication executives of the institutions, communication consultancies and media members, setting set a good example to the sector in Turkey.
During the signing ceremony, Işıl Arıdağ, the President of IDA, stated:
“It is very important to join forces under the same roof towards the development of all professional organisations that play a major role in the communication sector. We believe that this cooperation platform provides a healthy and secure atmosphere, and will carry our industry to the future confidently. During the preparation stage of this document, actions were taken within mutual understanding and cooperation. This was as meaningful and precious as the document itself. We believe that the awesome cooperation in preparing these principles is a new and very effective start.”
For more information, please contact IDA General Coordinator, Müjgan Bayraktaroglu: firstname.lastname@example.org